Free game Ads 1

Monday, January 12, 2015

Exotic Food in the Farm

     I was able to try exotic foods here... I have tried frog (palakang bukid), python snake (sawa) and a monitor lizard.  A friend gave me a cooked poisonous snake but I did not eat it.  Well... he said it's from a poisonous snake so why would I eat it?  But they do here... part where the venom was located already removed so it's edible, I just can't try it.  I can't take chances lol.

     First picture below is a meat of a python snake or what they call here sawa.  They are huge reticulated pythons and they eat mostly chickens. Since it's not a poisonous snake I tried a couple of pieces and was surprised I was able to like it.


Python Snake (Sawa)
      Below is a Monitor Lizard.  One has to put a trap with a bait to capture this one.  This is rarely seen on markets.  You needed to order from some of the hunters and it is quite expensive.  This one is caught in our farm so it's free.

A Huge Monitor Lizard, about 1.5 meters long.
This is a monitor lizard's meat... the best tasting meat I have tried. 

     Frog meat... I never really thought I'd eat something like it.  It taste just like ham maybe because it was cooked with pineapples.  Not bad since it tastes like ham.

Frog's Meat

Poisonous Snake

Meat of the poisonous snake... doesn't looked good too so I really can't eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment