Free game Ads 1

Monday, April 23, 2012

Boracay Sandwich - Army Navy

     Few of the things I miss about Boracay is the food.  We have this sandwich at Jonah's which I think would taste better if I'm the one who's going to prepare it.  I was a bit disappointed with their recipe because it didn't turned out what I have expected.  Their loaf bread I think is a bit burnt, their cheese sauce is too thin and lots of margarine not butter and the milk curdled.

     Ingredients:
          loaf bread lightly toasted
          cooked ham
          sunny side up eggs
          cheese
          butter
          milk






Procedure:

     1.  Lightly toast the loaf bread so it will not become too soggy when you put the cheese sauce.


     2.  Cook ham in oil until lightly browned on the edges.  Cook eggs the sunny side up way, put a little salt to taste.


     3.  Arrange the sandwich, first the loaf bread then put egg.


       4.  Put another bread on top of the egg and put ham and top again with another piece of bread.


     5.  Prepare the special cheese sauce.  In a small sauce pan put milk, butter and grated cheese.  Heat the mixture until the cheese are melted, do not boil or the milk will curdle.  Pour over the sandwich.


     This should be served as soon as you poured the cheese sauce, letting it sit too long in the sauce will make the bread soggy.  I was able to make this sandwich from Boracay a lot better, now I think I will not miss the food so much... Enjoy a taste of Boracay!




1 comment: